Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Looking for a good piano program for your kids?


Like most Korean parents, I've been taking my son to piano lessons since he was 5 years old. It's not because I'm doing the Korean thing but my son actually loves music. He takes after his dad.

Anyways, he's been going to the Yamaha Music school near our home. I highly recommend it. It's in a group setting and they have classes for each level. My son's in a class of about 6 kids about his age. They provide Yamaha books, DVDs and CDs for your kids to make it more fun. They also sing and dance in the class to teach them pitch and rhythm.

They have classes throughout the country. It's more affordable than doing private lessons which I think would be boring compared to the group lessons...plus the peer pressure does wonders! They have classes starting at age 3.