Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gift ideas for Koreans...get them Vitamins!


About a year ago, my mom took some Trader Joe's Vitamins to Korea to give to her mother. Nothing out of the ordinary...just vitamins. Apparently my grandmother didn't want them and gave them to her cousin who has been ill for some time. He had been housebound and very weak. He is over 70 years old. He knew the vitamins were from America. After he started taking them, he swore he felt 100 times better! His family went searching throughout Korea for these vitamins from Trader Joe's and of course could not find them (there are no Trader Joe's in Korea). My mom had to buy more and shipped it to them right away.

The story just cracked me up! It's funny how Koreans view American products even now. They especially love getting vitamins/supplements as gifts. So if you're going to Korea and looking for a gift idea, you might want to try Trader Joe's! Perfect for foster parents and grandparents.

Update: I did find out that Trader Joe's does have high quality vitamins compared to others. Maybe that cousin was right? I'm thinking of getting some myself! :-)